A Whole New Way to Data Center in the Cloud
Scalability and flexibility are pushing companies to look outside of traditional on-premise hardware models. Organizations can now scale up or down based on demand at a given time. This allows for organizations to cut down on wasted resources and allow them the ability to be proactive instead of reactive.
Gone Are the Days of Hardware Headaches
Let’s talk Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). Imagine getting access to all the computing resources you need without the hassle of purchasing and maintaining a bunch of hardware. Broadleaf Group helps you leverage the power of the cloud to meet your specific needs. Pay for what you need. Scale up or down as needed. Take control of your network while saving money, improving security, and enjoying reliability. It’s a win-win-win!
Infrastructure-as-a-Service is a cloud-based solution set that provides computation, storage, and network via highly available data processing facilities. Infrastructure-as-a-Service providers generally manage the dependencies below the operating system. The operating system configuration, installed application, and updates/patches are usually the responsibility of the customer, be it self-managed or via a managed service. In many instances, Infrastructure-as-a-Service providers will offer up time guarantees, provided the design and configuration is built to the provider’s best practices and the outage was not caused by an issue with the operating system or its configuration.
Service Value and Use Cases
- Infrastructure as-a-Service is easy to consume, and almost limitless in available resources. This method of consumption enables the ability to quickly test, verify, and prove a given use-case or application before mass rollout. It can also aid testing and development cycles for management of service and application code.
- Infrastructure-as-a-Service is an operational expense with available pay-as-you-go or prepaid ‘retainer’ models. Generally prepaid ‘retainer’ reservations are more cost effective, as a commitment is involved. This consumption model is popular with organizations looking to reduce capital expenses or shift risk.
- Enables rapid deployment without the timeline, manpower, or capital expense of purchasing, configuring and testing equipment for additional datacenter processing facilities.
- IaaS enables quick implementation and deployment of workloads of all types and sizes.
- IaaS is flexible with an operational expense approach.
- No capital expenses are required and time to procure is reduced.
- Pay-as-you-go or committed spend provides further flexibility and cost savings.
- Specialized workloads, such as those required for remote CAD or applications with high graphic or Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning requirements, can be accommodated and tested/proven prior to commitment and rollout.
- In many instances, IaaS reduces hardware and software requirements, depreciation cycles, and ongoing support costs associated with the effort to maintain the lower dependences of an environment.
Broadleaf Group Can Help
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Broadleaf Group works to design an infrastructure that achieves an increased amount of efficiency that provides better service to end users. We build a scalable architecture that offers increased flexibility to our clients. We optimize the computing resources to maximize cost savings and revenue for organizations.